The Infection Prevention and Control Service are a team of nurses who provide advice and support on all matters relating to infection prevention and control to the wider community of Wirral.
The aim of the service is to prevent and reduce the burden of infections through support and education throughout the community.
As a team we give specialist advice to the public, health and care professionals of community services and providers of health and care, as well as Wirral Community Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust staff and services.
We provide support and advice to healthcare professionals and the public through the following:
- Specialist infection prevention and control advice and support
- Infection prevention and control environmental (premises) audits
- Monitoring and surveillance of outbreaks
- Training and education to primary and social care providers
- Development of a range of IPC resources
- Production of IPC newsletters to share best practice with community providers
Read the Infection Prevention and Control privacy notice.
The service also supports commissioners and regulators with all matters relating to IPC.
Infection Prevention and Control Service
St Catherine’s Health Centre
Out of hours:
Urgent advice and support is available to healthcare professionals by telephoning 0151 434 4819.