Wirral Community Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust provides high quality primary, community and public health and care services to the population of Wirral and its surrounding areas. We have a reputation for innovation, performance and delivery and strong support from our commissioners. We have well established and effective partnerships that extend to key local providers of acute, mental health and social care services.
The Trust was authorised as a Community NHS Foundation Trust with effect from 1 May 2016. This has enabled us to continue providing high quality, integrated and person-centred services as an equal and leading partner within the health and care economy; fit for purpose and sustainable both locally and as part of the Cheshire and Merseyside system. Additionally, Foundation Trust status brings greater financial freedoms, empowerment and sense of shared purpose for our staff and stakeholders.
In June 2017 we became one of the first Trusts in England to integrate health and adult social care, when more than 200 adult social care staff transferred to the Trust from the local authority.
We have a strong and clear vision and set of values developed with, and supported by, our staff and stakeholders and have established solid leadership and governance arrangements within the Trust to underpin our business.
The local health and social care economy, like most places in the country, is faced with the challenge of meeting rising demand, particularly from a growing elderly population, within constrained finances. The strategic intent of our commissioners in addressing these challenges (and of the health and social care economy as a whole) is to invest in securing the most fit for purpose services. At the heart of this strategy is continued growth of investment in services to support and care for people in their own homes and in accessible, community based clinical environments.
We share a common purpose – Together we will support you and your community to live well.
Supported by our values – Compassion, Open and Trust.
Meet the Board
- Karen Howell, Chief Executive
- Mark Greatrex, Chief Finance Office / Deputy Chief Executive
- Professor Michael Brown, Chair
- Paula Simpson, Chief Nurse
- Claus Madsen, Chief People Officer
- Dr Nick Cross, Executive Medical Director
- Tony Bennett, Chief Strategy Officer
- Alison Hughes, Director of Corporate Affairs
- Dr Joanne Chwalko, Chief Operating Officer
- Dave Murphy, Chief Information Officer, Advisor to the Board of Directors
- Beverley Jordan, Non Executive Director
- Gerald Meehan, Non Executive Director
- Prof. Chris Bentley, Non Executive Director
- Steve Connor, Non Executive Director
Council of Governors
Our Council of Governors is a central part of a foundation trust. The governors represent the interests of patients, public and staff and oversee the work of the Board in running the organisation. Meet our governors.