What we do
The Human Resources, Learning & Organisational Development (HR & L&OD) team provide a suite of services which are offered to our customers in the following packages:
We support managers in the process and procedures for recruiting staff including advice on job descriptions, short-listing matrices, interview scoring templates etc. We advertise all vacancies via NHS Jobs and TRAC, our electronic recruitment systems. The recruitment team issue new employees with their contract of employment and notify them of the onboarding process.
All Trust current vacancies are available here
HR Advisory Service
Our HR Advisory Service is designed to ensure all staff and managers are supported with advice upon statutory requirements of employment, policies and procedures, terms and conditions, employee relations case management and organisational change.
We provide key management workforce information such as statistics on attendance, turnover, vacancies, mandatory training compliance, appraisals compliance, staff survey results. The service ensure the Electronic Staff Record (ESR) system is kept up to date and effectively managed.
Learning & Organisational Development
The team enable our people to be the best they can be by supporting their development to fulfil their current role and building upon their skills to enhance their role.
- Provide OD consultancy to support team development and transformation.
- Work alongside senior leads and HR to ensure a holistic approach to change.
- Lead the development of a management leadership strategy that assesses our gaps and identifies plans to support these.
- Leads the design and oversees the delivery of the management and leadership development offer.
- Lead the co-ordination of talent development and succession plans
Mandatory Training Support
Our Learning and Development team support a clearly define trust-wide statutory and mandatory training function which to enables staff to identify the training that will support them in their role and to promote a learning culture that enables staff to provide safe, effective, high-quality care and support.
We offer a wide range of apprenticeships in both clinical and non-clinical areas through working collaboratively with business areas to plan apprenticeship training requirements and then support staff whilst undertaking an apprenticeship.
Vocational Placements and Pre-employment programmes
The trust support opportunities for pre-vocational placement experiences and professional education programmes to grow and development our future workforce through employability programmes such as:
- Healthcare Cadets
- Supported internships
- Empower programme
- Pre-employment programme
- Work experience
Pre and post registration training
The Practice Education Facilitators provide support and training in the areas of Pre and Post Registration training through quality assuring pre/post-registration and multi-professional student placements against the Health Education Quality Standards Framework.
Systems & Processes
The E-roster team work within the HR, L & OD service providing support to the trust on the E-roster facility to provide open and transparent rosters which empower staff and ensure accuracy of pay.
Registration Authority (RA)
We provide advice and support to staff to ensure that national guidance in respect of RA governance is applied and complied with across the Trust through audit and the implementation of local policy and processes for the creation of digital identities, production of smartcards, assignment /modification of access rights, certificate renewal and card unlocking.
We work closely with other partners to support delivery of our suite of services. These are:
Payroll & Pensions
We operate a Service Level Agreement (SLA) with HR & Wellbeing Business Services (Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust) to run our payroll and administer pensions. We manage and monitor that SLA on your behalf. That SLA delivers:
- Helpdesk for all employees
- Process of payroll / pensions
- Process of new starters and leavers
- Processing sick pay maternity/paternity/adoption pay
They can be contacted on 01244 364455.
We operate a Service Level Agreement (SLA) with two providers (PAM, People Asset Management and Cheshire NHS Occupational Health Service to deliver our Occupational Health services across our different staff locations.
Those SLAs deliver:
- New employee health screening and assessments
- Provision of workforce immunisations as appropriate
- Promotion of preventative medicine and health initiatives
- Appointments for employees and reports on attendance management related to management referrals
- Provision of pro-active education on health & lifestyle advice via their website and App
- Provision of an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)