The Business Intelligence Team is responsible for collating, analysing and interpreting health data and information.
Health data and information is a vital management tool. As well as enabling us to monitor and manage our performance it provides evidence to support our Board with decision making.
The team ensure we meet a wide range of mandatory and business critical reporting requirements including:
- monitoring how we are performing against national and local priorities
- reporting KPIs to our Board and Commissioners as part of contractual requirements
- identifying issues and emerging trends
- monitoring service activity and access times
- business planning
- allocating financial budgets
The team work with services and teams to develop effective and consistent methods for data collection so that we can monitor, report and plan our services effectively.
Every month the team produce more than 60 reports and respond to approximately five ad hoc requests for data each week.
The Business Intelligence Team is based at St Catherine’s Health Centre.