The Infection Prevention and Control Service is a team of nurses and administrative staff who provide advice and support on all matters relating to infection prevention and control.
The aim of the service is to prevent and reduce the burden of infections and antimicrobial resistance by providing training, support and education throughout the community.
As a team we give specialist advice to the public, health and care professionals of community services and providers of health and care.
We provide support and advice to healthcare professionals and the public through the provision of:
- Specialist infection prevention and control expert advice and support
- An infection prevention and control environmental audit programme
- Outbreak management and support
- A comprehensive training and education programme to community settings
- A range of IPC resources
- IPC news and feature pieces to share best practice with community providers
Read the Infection Prevention and Control privacy notice.
The service also supports commissioners and regulators with all matters relating to IPC.
Director of Infection Prevention and Control (DIPC) Annual Report
Read the DIPC Annual Report 2022-2023
IPC service contact details posters
Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
Telephone: 0151 604 7750
Email: [email protected]
Infection Prevention and Control Service
St Catherine’s Health Centre
For urgent clinical enquiries that cannot wait until the next working day, health and care staff can contact UK Health Security Agency Health Protection Team (UKHSA) out of hours by calling 0151 434 4819