Visit the self-care resources section for support during COVID-19. A hub of self-care resources and guidance to help you during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Who we are
Our infant feeding team provide information, support and training to healthcare professionals to ensure a high standard of care for pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers and babies.
What we do
Adopting UNICEF’s Baby Friendly Initiative, our team ensures all parents make informed decisions about feeding their babies and are supported in their chosen feeding method.
- Raising awareness of the health and financial benefits of breastfeeding.
- Co-ordinating breastfeeding groups and supporting local venues to become ‘Baby Friendly’ accredited as part of Wirral’s Baby Welcome Scheme.
- Effective and innovative promotion of breastfeeding through initiatives such as the free Breast Start App.
- On-going training for healthcare professionals and sharing best practice to enable them to give mothers the support, information and encouragement they need.
Free Breast Start App
The free Breast Start App is bursting with innovative breastfeeding information to support you with all aspects of breastfeeding.
- helps you find support locally and nationally
- supports you to get your baby breastfeeding
- helps solve problems
- teaches you to hand express
- offers you rewards
- guides you to local breastfeeding friendly places
The Breast Start App has been designed by our team to be breastfeeding parent friendly, with links to web pages that have been approved by our NHS breastfeeding specialist.
The infant feeding team is part of Wirral’s 0-19 Health and Wellbeing Service.