All these resources are designed to support families feeding their new babies.
You can contact the Infant Feeding Teams with the following details:
Infant Feeding Cheshire East (Cherubs):
- 0300 123 4579, Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Facebook page: @CherubsofCheshire
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health Visitor line: 0151 514 0219, Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Koala North West line: 0151 608 8288 Monday – Friday 9.00am – 4.00pm / 07780 220 481 Monday – Sunday, 9.00am – 9.00pm
- Facebook page: @KoalaNorthWest
- Email: email@example.com
Breastfeeding resources to support you
How do you know baby is feeding well?
Use this checklist to see how breastfeeding is going. If you have any worries please call your local Health Visiting team (Wirral: 0151 514 0219, Cheshire East: 0300 123 4579) or the National Breastfeeding number on 0300 100 0212.
Help getting your baby attached well
If babies are not attached well at the breast it can feel painful for you, and babies do not get enough milk. For some help, see these videos:
- Positioning and attachment
- Ineffective attachment
- Positions for breastfeeding
- Attaching your baby at the breast
Is your baby getting enough milk?
How do you know they are getting enough milk? Find out using these videos:
What to do if you are sore
Check out this video on how to reduce soreness when feeding:
Help expressing milk for your new baby
Expressing and storing breast milk
Breastfeeding Network advice on expressing and storing
Building a relationship with your new baby
A new baby can at times feel really overwhelming. This video looks at how to develop a positive, loving relationship with your new baby:
Breastfeeding relationships, early days video
Off to the best start – information about feeding your baby
Some of these videos are provided with kind permission by Global Health Media Project. Please find other breastfeeding videos on their website.
Additional support can also be found on the National Breastfeeding Helpline website 365 days a year.