Attend Anywhere video consultations
We are always looking to give our patients and healthcare professionals flexibility about where and when they attend a clinic.
Video consultations save everyone travel time and money. There are no parking issues and no getting stuck in traffic (meaning it’s better for the environment too). This also means there is less worry about how to get to a clinic, no need to take time off work (have an appointment in your lunch break) and no problems arranging childcare.
If you are being cared for by one of our teams and attending regular or a one-off appointment, we may discuss the option of a video consultation with you.
Not all care is suitable for a virtual care platform, but if one of our clinicians or therapists offers this, it means they have assessed your clinical needs and feel that this is an appropriate choice for you. For instance, this may be for an initial discussion, or you may require a medication review or an observation/follow up appointment to see how you are.
Video consultations have been a very popular and effective way of delivering care throughout the NHS over the last few years and you may have seen your GP this way or attended an outpatient appointment. Many people prefer a video consultation to a telephone consultation as they feel being able to see their clinician is more engaging and brings a familiarity to a two way conversation, the same as being in a room.
Video consultations have many benefits:-
- Can be more convenience for you if you don’t have to leave their own home
- Easier to juggle appointments around work commitments, caring responsibilities and childcare
- They allow you to invite someone (a family member or friend) into your consultation, even if they are in a different location to you
- Saves travel time to attend one of our Trust clinics/locations
- Can save you money by reducing the use of fuel, parking fees or public transport costs
- Video consultations are kinder to the environment, less unnecessary travel means reduced pollution and emissions
- Can help reduce the transmission of seasonal viruses like flu, meaning less risk to you and you remote care brings less transmissional risks to you and your family
We use video consultations via a system called Attend Anywhere which is very easy to use via desktops, laptops, tablets and even mobile phones, as long as you are in a safe and private area and not likely to be interrupted for the duration of the appointment.
Attend Anywhere is :
- Completely safe and secure, and supported by NHS England
- Compliant with GDPR and IG standards
It is really easy to use Attend Anywhere and join a video consultation.
Watch this video about Attend Anywhere and see for yourself how easy it is to use.