What are healthy snacks for young children?
You could try:
- raw vegetable sticks, such as cucumber and carrots, on their own or with hummus
- a piece of fruit
- a plain yoghurt with a sliced banana in it
- a slice of toast with cheese spread, hummus, peanut butter or a slice of ham
- some crackers, breadsticks or unsalted rice cakes with cheese and vegetable sticks
- a bowl of unsweetened cereal with whole milk
Change4Life has lots of meal suggestions, as well as easy-to-prepare ideas your kids will love and tips on what to put in their lunchbox. Check out the ideas below:
For egg and peanut allergies, see advice on food allergies in babies and young children.
WCHC resource – How to