Community-based services are at the heart of a modern and flexible National Health Service (NHS). We are committed to ensuring continuous improvements to the quality of services we provide.
The Trust is passionate about the delivery of high quality care, delivering the NHS Plan and leading place base care with partners across the local system.
The Quality Strategy describes the structures and processes within Wirral Community Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust which influence the quality of our services including:
- how the Trust Board, Commissioners, Regulators, Governors, Staff and the Public are assured around quality and safety
- how the organisation plans for and drives continuous quality improvement
- how the organisation identifies, shares and ensures the delivery of best practice
- how the organisation ensures its services provides value for money
- how the organisation identifies and manage any risks to the quality of care provided
- how the organisation investigates and take action when the required standards of quality and safety are not achieved
The strategy sits alongside our Quality Goals and CQUINs (Commissioning for Quality and Innovation) which allow us to measure our performance against the three priorities:
- Patient safety
- Patient experience
- Clinical effectiveness
Implementation of the Quality Strategy will strengthen confidence and pride in the Trust with people who access our services knowing that they are amongst the best and are safe, effective and responsive to their needs, every time and all of the time.