What we do
Physiotherapists help people affected by injury, illness or disability through movement and exercise, manual therapy, education and advice. They maintain health for people of all ages, helping patients to manage pain and prevent disease. The profession helps to facilitate recovery, enabling people to stay in work and helping them remain independent for as long as possible.
Musculoskeletal (MSK) physiotherapists specialise in treating muscle and joint problems such as arthritis, back & neck pain, sprains and strains.
Who we treat
We treat people registered with a Wirral GP who are 16yrs of age and over and who are able to leave their house to attend appointments
How to access our service
Contact your GP for a physiotherapy referral.
How to contact us
For all enquiries please contact 0151 514 2222 between 8.00am – 8.00pm seven days a week
Preparing for your physio appointment
At your first appointment you will be asked to describe the symptoms of the condition your GP has referred you for, before being examined. Please be aware that your physiotherapist will need to be able to easily see the area of your body that is affected so please wear appropriate clothing: eg a vest top or shorts/suitable well covering underwear.
Please bring a list of your current medication with you.
If you require subsequent treatment appointments will last up to 20mins.
Airmid App – book appointments online
Airmid is a new way of communicating with service users and patients. The Airmid App is easy to use and secure and enables you to book and manage your appointments with the click of a button. Find our more information about Airmid or download the app via the App Store or Google Play.
Physio advice on common conditions
- Arthritis: https://www.csp.org.uk/conditions/arthritis
- Back Pain: https://www.csp.org.uk/conditions/back-pain
- Carpel Tunnel Syndrome: https://www.csp.org.uk/public-patient/rehabilitation-exercises/carpal-tunnel-syndrome
- Chronic Pain: https://www.csp.org.uk/conditions/chronic-pain
- Elbow Pain: https://www.csp.org.uk/public-patient/rehabilitation-exercises/tennis-elbow
- Foot Pain: https://www.csp.org.uk/public-patient/rehabilitation-exercises/foot-pain
- Knee Pain: https://www.csp.org.uk/public-patient/rehabilitation-exercises/knee-pain
- Neck Pain: https://www.csp.org.uk/conditions/neck-pain-and-whiplash
- Repetitive Strain: https://www.csp.org.uk/publications/repetitive-strain-injuries
- Shoulder Pain: https://www.csp.org.uk/public-patient/rehabilitation-exercises/shoulder-pain
- Sports Injuries: https://www.csp.org.uk/public-patient/sports-injuries
- Sciatica: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/sciatica/
Useful resources for musculoskeletal pain
Pilates video for beginners: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/nhs-fitness-studio/pilates-for-beginners/
Escape Pain – Enabling Self-management and Coping with Arthritic Pain using Exercise: https://escape-pain.org/
Class exercise programmes
Please ask your physiotherapists about the class exercise programme we have available including
- Back Class
- Shoulder Exercise Groups
- Knee Arthroplasty Rehabilitation Classes
- Hip and Knee Osteoarthritis Exercise Classes