Visit the self-care resources section for support during COVID-19. A hub of self-care resources and guidance to help you during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Who we are
Our infant feeding team provide information, support and training to healthcare professionals to ensure a high standard of care for pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers and babies.
What we do
Adopting UNICEF’s Baby Friendly Initiative, our team ensures all parents make informed decisions about feeding their babies and are supported in their chosen feeding method.
- Raising awareness of the health and financial benefits of breastfeeding.
- Co-ordinating breastfeeding groups and supporting local venues to become ‘Baby Friendly’ accredited as part of Wirral’s Baby Welcome Scheme.
- Effective and innovative promotion of breastfeeding through initiatives such as the free Breast Start App.
- On-going training for healthcare professionals and sharing best practice to enable them to give mothers the support, information and encouragement they need.
Koala North West – Breastfeeding Peer Support
Koala North West are our partners in providing support for breastfeeding families. Koala North West are commissioned by our 0-19 service to work with families to help them achieve the feeding journey they desire. Koala North West work both on a one to one basis, with families at home and also in community settings offering group support.
Koala North West also offer a range of specialist courses and programmes. For more information call 0151 608 8288 or visit the Koala North West website.
- First Steps Nutrition Trust
The infant feeding team is part of Wirral’s 0-19 Health and Wellbeing Service.