Calling all Specialist Community Public Health Nurses (SCPHN)
Make a change to your NHS career and make a difference to the lives of young people.
Retrain as a school nurse with our 12 week work based training programme with Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU).
Enjoy extensive benefits, flexibility and career development and best of all you will be supporting young people to flourish across Wirral, Cheshire East, St Helens and Knowsley.
Our promise to you…
We are offering a 12 week training programme (both theory and practice based) with wrap around support from Team WCHC.
When the programme commences you will attend an orientation day at LJMU as well as an induction day at the Trust. Following this you will complete work based learning modules and training sessions including:
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES) – trauma informed
- Children and young people
- Motivational interviewing
- Solihull approach – supporting mental health and wellbeing in parents and children
- UNICEF baby friendly initiative
- Infant mental health
- Graded care profile 2 – measuring the quality of care provided by a parent or carer in meeting their child’s needs
You will also complete 50 days in practice working with a practice assessor and practice supervisor to develop your SCPHN skills in the field of school nursing.
As a community trust we offer an extensive range of employee benefits alongside NHS universal benefits, including:
- Health and wellbeing (occupational health service, fast-track physio, free and confidential counselling support, access to the Cheshire & Merseyside Resilience Hub)
- Flexible working
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Career development
- Dedicated learning and development support
- Salary sacrifice schemes
- NHS Pension scheme
- Vivup – supporting the financial wellbeing of staff and bringing a range of fantastic financial benefits eg spread the cost of thousands of technology and home appliances shipped by Currys and John Lewis & Partners)
- NHS discounts available via the Blue Light Card
Does this sound like your next move in the NHS? If the answer is yes, then what are you waiting for?
Contact our team via email to discuss this exciting opportunity: firstname.lastname@example.org