What is Preceptorship?
Preceptorship is a dedicated programme of structured transition, to guide and support you into an autonomous professional, develop your confidence and refine your skills, values and behaviours.
Who is Preceptorship for?
- All newly registered Allied Health Professionals (AHP), Nurses and Nursing Associates
- Newly qualified, return to practice, and overseas educated professionals
Our SOAR Preceptorship Programme at WCHC
Our SOAR Preceptorship Programme is a 12-month mandatory programme combining group classes and
one-to-one support from an experienced registrant known as a Preceptor. This supports learning from best practice and networking with peers.
As a SOAR Preceptee you will have a badge to help others recognise that you are in a transitional process and to remind them of the support you need.
What are the benefits?
- Allocated a Preceptor before your start date
- 75 hours’ supernumerary time in the team
- SOAR Preceptorship induction day
- Group sessions covering wellbeing and resilience,
leadership, decision making and much more