Royal College of Nursing (RCN) – planned industrial action (Wednesday 18 and Thursday 19 January)
As a result of the industrial action the Urgent Treatment Centre (UTC) will be open from 8.00am – 10.00pm on both days. We expect demand to be high and people will be prioritised based on their clinical need.
If it is not an emergency, people are asked to consider options such as visiting a pharmacist, contacting their GP, or visiting 111.nhs.uk.
The Urgent Treatment Centre at Arrowe Park is now open for both walk-in or book attendance slots.
For a pre-bookable slot please call NHS 111. The Team will assess your needs and direct you to the most appropriate service to receive care. You can also visit 111.nhs.uk
When attending a walk-in clinic or attendance slot please remember to:
- wear a face covering when entering any of our clinic buildings
- gel your hands upon on arrival in the clinic waiting room
- sit on designated seats only – due to social distancing our waiting areas have limited capacity.
- come on your own* (exceptions apply)
Do not attend if you have a high temperature, new/continuous cough or loss/change to your sense of smell or taste.
Please note, only one adult to accompany a child. Carers of vulnerable adults or children may also attend.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
If you need to access this service please use the Eye Department entrance.
We provide assessment, treatment and advice for minor injuries and illnesses including:
- infection and rashes
- emergency contraception and advice
- burns and strains
- blood pressure checks
- coughs, colds and flu-like symptoms
- sore throats and earache
- hayfever, bites and stings
- minor cuts and wounds – wound care and dressings
- skin complaints – rashes, sunburn, headlice
- smoking cessation support
- stomach ache, indigestion, constipation, vomiting and diarrhoea
- women’s health problems, e.g. thrush, menstrual advice
- men’s health problems
- muscle and joint injuries – strains and sprains*
Monday – Sunday 8.00am – 10:00pm (including bank holidays)
Arrowe Park Urgent Treatment Centre
Arrowe Park Hospital
Arrowe Park Road
Free parking is available at Eastham and Victoria Central Walk-in Centres but charges may apply at Arrowe Park Hospital.