Who we are
The team provides tailored support and guidance to families with children and young people with SEND in Knowsley. Staff are passionate about helping people access the right support at the right time and realise their own unique potential.
What we do
Our team provides:
- Specialist support for families
- Dedicated support and care
- Personal, informative and tailored advice
- Resources to meet the needs of families
- Signposting to local services
- Support with referrals
What we offer
The team provides support, guidance and information to parents, carers and young people (up to the age of 25) on all aspects of assessment for suspected or confirmed SEND.
- Ensuring appropriate health referrals are made to specialists across the borough
- Building relationships – linking families together who are living with SEND
- Advising families of local workshops that they can access, providing insight and support on all aspects of living with SEND (diagnosis not required)
- Sharing appropriate resources to help support families to access the right support at the right time to help meet their needs
- Linking in with nurseries and educational settings to help ensure families living with SEND feel fully supported from both a health and educational perspective
Parents, carers and young people can contact the service whenever they feel they need extra support on their journey with SEND.
How to access support
- Complete the easy to use online form – this can be completed by parents and carers
- Tel: 0151 514 2666 – speak to a members of the team Monday – Friday, 9.30am – 5.00pm