We offer a wide range of contraception testing for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and support choices that will help people adopt a healthy sexual wellbeing.
Our team includes doctors, nurses, therapists and administrators.
Our services are free and accessible to people living in Wirral and are delivered from a range of clinic locations, 6 days a week. We also offer online digital services 24/7 – sexualhealthwirral.nhs.uk
Working in partnership with community pharmacies and GPs we offer:
- specialist services for young people (aged 19 and under) 6 days a week, at times to suit people’s lifestyles
- walk-in and pre-booked appointment clinics
- fully accessible clinic venues with interpreters and translation services if required
- LGBTQ+ friendly service
- a team of experienced staff who believe in individualised care and ‘getting it right for everyone’
- nurse and doctor led clinics*
- walk-in and pre-booked appointment slots 6 days a week
- 4 clinic venues for all ages (free parking facilities)
- 1 central clinic venue for people aged 19 and under
- evening and weekend clinics
- a wide range of contraception choices
- all sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing and vaccinations
- remote care and self-managed care options eg free STI self-test postal kits including HIV
- telephone consultations
- online booking and support
- partnership working with pharmacies and Wirral GPs for signposting
- a free condom distribution scheme
- The National Chlamydia Screening Programme (NCSP) – screening for people aged 15-24. Please note chlamydia testing for people of all ages is available via our postal kits which you can request online or in one of our clinics
- PreP trial
- education, prevention and awareness raising
*services available by referral only include psychosexual clinic, gender identity clinic, specialist contraception and difficult smear clinic.
Our website offers a range of information and downloadable leaflets and advice on a wide range of STIs, contraceptive methods and general sexual health and wellbeing. You will also find links to other support networks and useful websites.
Follow us on Facebook @SHWirral for the latest information about our service.
All of services are confidential and designed to support and care for you*
*Sexual Health Wirral complies with Wirral Safeguarding Children Partnership guidelines. Read more.
We provide support related to:
- erectile difficulties
- vaginismus (involuntary tightening of the vaginal muscles)
- dyspareunia (pain during or after sex)
- reduced or increased sexual desire
- difficulty having an orgasm
- premature ejaculation
If you are experiencing problems please contact your GP or call 0300 123 5474.
Accessing the service
For more information or to book an appointment please call 0300 123 5474.