COVID-19: Changes to Wirral Walk-in Centres
Due to the changing nature of COVID-19 and our commitment to keeping people as safe as possible, our Walk-in Centres have moved to a telephone triage and appointment only system with immediate effect.
How telephone triage works
- Call 0151 201 4190 (8.00am – 10.00pm, seven days a week, including bank holidays)
- You will be asked if you have COVID-19 symptoms:
- new continuous cough and/or high temperature
- If you have any of the above symptoms you will be advised to self-isolate and directed to NHS 111 online
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms AND also have a minor injury or other illness, you will be triaged and given an appointment to be seen if needed
- If you have none of the above COVID-19 symptoms you will be transferred to a clinician to continue your telephone assessment. Following this, you be advised to stay at home and self-care or you will be given an appointment at the most appropriate Walk-in Centre:
– Victoria Central Walk-in Centre & minor injuries, Mill Lane, Wallasey, CH44 5UF
– Arrowe Park Urgent Treatment Centre, Arrowe Park Hospital, Arrowe Park Road, CH49 5PE
– Eastham Clinic, 31 Eastham Rake, Birkenhead, Wirral CH62 9AN
Please note appointments will only be allocated if needed.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
We provide assessment, treatment and advice for minor injuries and illnesses including:
- infection and rashes
- emergency contraception and advice
- burns and strains
- blood pressure checks
- coughs, colds and flu-like symptoms
- sore throats and earache
- hayfever, bites and stings
- minor cuts and wounds – wound care and dressings
- skin complaints – rashes, sunburn, headlice
- smoking cessation support
- stomach ache, indigestion, constipation, vomiting and diarrhoea
- women’s health problems, e.g. thrush, menstrual advice
- men’s health problems
- muscle and joint injuries – strains and sprains*
*These services are only available at Victoria Central Walk-in Centre and the Minor Injuries Unit
Free parking is available at Victoria Central Walk-in Centres but charges may apply at Arrowe Park Hospital.