Our Walk-in Centres at Victoria Central Health Centre and Eastham Clinic and the Urgent Treatment Centre at Arrowe Park are now open for both walk-in or booked attendance slots.
For a pre-bookable slot please call NHS 111. The Team will assess your needs and direct you to the most appropriate service to receive care.
When attending a walk-in clinic or attendance slot please remember to:
- wear a face covering when entering any of our clinic buildings
- gel your hands upon on arrival in the clinic waiting room
- sit on designated seats only – due to social distancing our waiting areas have limited capacity.
- come on your own* (exceptions apply)
Do not attend if you have a high temperature, new/continuous cough or loss/change to your sense of smell or taste.
Please note, only one adult to accompany a child. Carers of vulnerable adults or children may also attend.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
The following telephone number is no longer in use: 0151 201 4190 – please call NHS 111
Opening hours -please check before attending:
Walk-in and pre-bookable attendance slots via NHS 111
- Arrowe Park Urgent Treatment Centre, Arrowe Park Hospital, Arrowe Park Road CH49 5PE
Monday – Sunday, 8.00am – 10:00pm (including bank holidays)
- Victoria Central Walk-in Centre & Minor Injuries, Mill Lane, Wallasey CH44 5UF
Monday – Sunday, 8.00am – 8:00pm (including bank holidays)
(X-ray facilities – open at 8.00am – 7.30pm)
- Eastham Walk-in Centre, 31 Eastham Rake, Birkenhead CH62 9AN
Monday – Sunday, 12.00noon – 8.00pm (including all bank holidays. Closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day).
To book an attendance slot at any of the above centres, please call NHS 111
- Minor Injury & Illness Service (Delivered by Miriam Primary Care Group), Miriam Medical Centre, Birkenhead Medical Building, Laird Street, Birkenhead CH41 8DB
Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 8.00pm and Saturday and Sunday, 8.00am – 8.00pm
We provide assessment, treatment and advice for minor injuries and illnesses including:
- infection and rashes
- emergency contraception and advice
- burns and strains
- blood pressure checks
- coughs, colds and flu-like symptoms
- sore throats and earache
- hayfever, bites and stings
- minor cuts and wounds – wound care and dressings
- skin complaints – rashes, sunburn, headlice
- smoking cessation support
- stomach ache, indigestion, constipation, vomiting and diarrhoea
- women’s health problems, e.g. thrush, menstrual advice
- men’s health problems
- muscle and joint injuries – strains and sprains*
*These services are only available at Victoria Central Walk-in Centre and the Minor Injuries Unit
Free parking is available at Victoria Central Walk-in Centre but charges may apply at Arrowe Park Urgent Treatment Centre at Arrowe Park Hospital.