The NIPCM has been adapted for use within England to support and facilitate healthcare providers to demonstrate compliance with the ten criteria of the Health and Social Care Act 2008, Code of practice on the prevention and control of infections and related guidance.
In all non-NHS care settings, to support with health and social care integration, the content of this manual is considered best practice.
The manual aims to:
- make it easy for care staff to apply effective infection prevention and control precautions
- reduce variation and optimise infection prevention and control practices across care settings in England
- improve the application of knowledge and skills in infection prevention and control
- help reduce the risk of Healthcare Associated Infection (HCAI)
- help with alignment of practice, education, monitoring, quality improvement and scrutiny
The following policies have been produced by Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust and describe the precautions and control measures that are essential to prevent and control infection in Care Home settings and General Practice.
Please note, Wirral Community Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust have adopted these policies for use in Care Homes and General Practices only.
They are not to be used by employees of Wirral Community Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust – please refer to Wirral Community Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust Staff Zone for Community Trust Policies: Documents – StaffZone