The Central Advice and Duty Team (CADT) provides a telephone service for people who need to access adult social care services helping to signpost people to the most appropriate team for support.
As well as providing support and assistance to people who have social care issues, they also take calls regarding safeguarding concerns, linking in with the appropriate agencies to support the needs of the person.
How CADT can help
If this is the first time you have contacted social care then you will be assigned to the First Contact Team for them to gather further information. If you are already receiving care you will be referred to the relevant team.
If you are calling with a safeguarding concern, CADT will gather information and then the referral is assigned to MASH (multi agency safeguarding hub). Calls can be from the person who is requiring assessment, members of their family, professionals or members of the public.
How to access the service
Anyone can call the Central Advice and Duty Team (CADT) on 0151 514 2222 (option 3)
The team can also receive emails for the following services:
- VPR1 – these are from the police
- ERISS – ambulance service
- DoLs – Deprivation of Liberty
- Providers – care agency or day centres requesting review of package of care
- OT assessment requests from MAGENTA, Rehabilitation at Home service, care agencies and also service users themselves or their family, District Nurses, General Practitioners
- Medequip regarding assistive technology, change of user, payment
- Contacts are put onto liquidogic and then assigned to the relevant teams
- Self-assessment via the portal
- Mental Health Act assessment – information emailed to Community Mental Health Team duty manager
Part of Single Point of Access and Referral to Community Services Integrated Gateway Team (SPARCS).