There are a range of teams working across Wirral including our Integrated Health and Social Care Teams providing support to individuals with a range of long term health conditions and complex care needs.
- Rapid Response Team – the team take referrals direct from GPs to prevent hospital admissions
- STAR Team (Short Term Assessment and Reablement Team) – who alongside our partners in the Domiciliary Care market to enable people to regain their optimum independence following a period of illness or crisis.
- Four Integrated Care Coordination Teams made up of Adult Social Care staff and Health colleagues
- POPIN Team (Promoting Older People’s Independence Network) POPIN work across the Wirral reaching people early to help them access the advice and support they may need before their circumstances get worse. This may include, access to social support; community services; equipment and benefit advice to help people remain independent at home.
We also have dedicated teams based at Arrow Park Hospital to support the safe discharge from hospital and to ensure services are in place once they leave. This includes access to a range of Intermediate Care and Transfer to Assess Beds which can be accessed either from hospital or the community.
Our staff within the Occupational Therapy Service work with people who have permanent conditions affecting their abilities, lifestyle and independence. This service provides support when someone is having difficulty carrying out their normal daily activities such as; difficulty in bathing, use of stairs, getting in and out of bed, on and off the toilet, access within their home and getting in and out of the home to access the community. The aim is to improve, and/or prevent further decline in, abilities and independence.
Visit our service pages to see more detailed information about each service listed above.
Other useful information
For more information on the following topics please visit www.wirral.gov.uk
- Support for adults
- Support for available to Carers
- Paying for adult support (charging for residential and non-residential services)
- Direct payments and prepaid cards
- Support if you care for an adult
- Safeguarding Adults
- Aids and Adaptations
- Blue Badge Applications
If you are a carer – Direct support for Carers can also be found by contacting WIRED on
Information on local community services can be found on the LiveWell Directory
Ask Us Wirral – https://citizensadvicewirral.org.uk/projects/ask-us-wirral/
Ask Us Wirral is Wirral’s Information and Advice Service. Funded by Wirral Council and Wirral Clinical Commissioning Group, Ask Us Wirral is being delivered in partnership by four local voluntary organisations, Citizens Advice Wirral, Age UK Wirral, Wirral Change and Wirral Mencap.
Wirral Advocacy Hub – n|Compass Northwest
https://www.ncompassnorthwest.co.uk/services/advocacy-service/wirral-advocacy-hub The Wirral Advocacy Hub is the single point of contact for all advocacy support available in Wirral. To access the service telephone 0300 2000 08.