Through Dry January millions of people across the country change their relationship with alcohol, for January and beyond.
- Save money
- Make a difference
- Feel great
What is Dry January?
Signing up to Dry January means giving up alcohol for the month of January.
- Enables you to take control of your relationship with alcohol.
- Drives a conversation about alcohol: why do we drink it, what does it do, and how can we reduce the harm it can cause?
Why take part in Dry January?
There are loads of reasons for taking part in Dry January. Here are just a few:
- New year, new you – do Dry January and feel healthier and happier as you sleep better, your skin improves and you lose weight.
- More money in your pocket.
- Get healthier – through giving up alcohol for a month you do your insides a lot of good.
Why sign up?
People who sign up are more likely to stay dry for the whole month. That’s because when you sign up you:
- Get access to the free app, which helps you keep track of your month with features like a calorie calculator, unit tracker and tool to show how much you’ve saved.
- Receive regular support emails with tips, tricks and information from experts in alcohol to make your month easier and more fun.
- Have help on hand: if you’re struggling, support is available.
Signing up is easy
- Visit org.uk or download the Dry January & Beyond app
- Fill in your name and your email address
- Get access to the app, tips and tricks, support, fundraising tools and much more!
Our Cheshire East Livewell Team will be out and about this month giving people help and support around alcohol consumption and encouraging people to sign up to Dry January. Why not come along to one of our engagement events for advice and tips on how to reduce your alcohol consumption and join the five million going dry this January.
Our team will be at the following locations:
Eagle Bridge Health and Wellbeing Centre Dunwoody Way, Crewe CW1 3AW
- Thursday 4 January, 11.00 – 12.00noon
- Monday 8 January, 11.00 – 12noon
- Thursday 11 January, 10.00 – 11.00am
Grosvenor Medical Centre, Grosvenor Street, Crewe CW1 3HB1
- Wednesday 10th January, 3.00pm – 3.30pm
Waters Green Medical Centre, Sunderland Street, Macclesfield SK11 6JL
- Thursday 4 January, 10.15am – 10.45am and 1.30pm – 2.00pm
- Thursday 11 January, 10.30am – 11.00am
Salinae, Lewin Street, Middlewich, Cheshire CW10 9DG
- Tuesday 9 January, 10.00am – 10.30am