We are continually trying to be more sustainable as a Trust – here are the latest steps we have taken:
Electric car charging points
Two double 7kw electric car charging stations have been installed at St Catherine’s Health Centre, in the patient and staff car parks. This will provide a service to staff and patients to allow charging of electric vehicles. The Trust is moving in the right direction to reduce our carbon footprint, minimise carbon emissions and help provide a greener environment. To use these charging points please contact the Trust’s Estates Team via the switchboard 0151 514 2888 who will initialise the power.
Our Procurement Team at the Trust has changed our paper supplier so that we now receive non-bleached, recycled paper. By doing this the Trust not only saves money but based on 17 reams of paper per tree, with our new 100% recycled paper we will save 530 trees per year.
We have almost completed the change of the lighting at all our owned properties from florescent to LED (Light Emitting Diodes). The benefits of LED lighting include:
• Less Heat = Less Energy Consumed. LED lights give off less heat than halogen bulbs.
• LED lighting is flicker-free which reduces the likelihood of headaches generally associated with fluorescent lighting.
• They do not contain toxic metals materials such as Mercury and other metals dangerous to the environment.
• They are 100% recyclable.
• LED bulbs are brighter and produce better light quality than traditional lighting applications.