We are supporting breastfeeding awareness month, and Breastfeeding Celebration Week (21-27 June), which are great opportunities to share all the support available in the community for breastfeeding families and new parents.
The last year and beyond has been so challenging for so many reasons, and now that lockdown is easing in the UK, it’s great to be able to welcome back face to face support, some of which was paused during the height of the pandemic.
For pregnant women and new parents, having access to support groups, baby classes and clinics is invaluable – for confidence, to boost wellbeing, to learn from others and feel supported. So, the message this month is: we are here for you.
Lockdown for some meant that families had more time together at home than ever before, which was of real benefit to breastfeeding families. Many parents found protected time to breastfeed with fewer visitors and more time at home, and families had more quality time together. While there were certainly positives to lockdown for breastfeeding families, which you can see in last year’s Breastfeeding Awareness Month campaign, we are delighted to share that many groups and activities have resumed once again.
So, what is happening across children’s centres and what can you get involved with in June?
Across Wirral there are safe spaces with friendly staff for support and advise on your baby’s development, across the following activities:
- Baby Yoga Classes
- Baby Massage Courses
- Baby Babble Classes
- Healthy Child Clinics
- Breastfeeding and weaning support groups
To get involved, contact your nearest Children’s Centre for more information:
- Wallasey Children’s Centres – 0151 666 3506
- Birkenhead Children’s Centres – 0151 666 3323
- South and West Wirral Children’s Centres – 0151 666 3246
Koala North West has a timetable of breastfeeding groups to support you too:
- Monday, 10.00am, Seacombe Children’s Centre
- Tuesday, 10.00am, St Mary’s Church, Upton 10.00am
- Wednesday10.00am, Bromborough Children’s Centre 10.00am
- Thursday, 10.00am, Koala North West Hub
- Friday, 10.00am Ferries Family Hub
- Friday, 1.00pm, Brassey Gardens
Places are limited so booking is essential. To book your place please 0151 608 8288 or email@example.com
Across Cheshire East Children’s Centres, there are the following for your calendar:
- Cherubs Breastfeeding Support Groups
- Specialist Lactation Clinics
- Baby massage
- Baby & Me
- Stay and Play
- Babies Together
- Buggy walks
To get involved, please see the Cheshire East Council website to find your nearest children’s centre.