What is NHS Healthy Start?
If you’re pregnant or have children under the age of 4 you can get payments every 4 weeks to spend on:
• cow’s milk
• fresh, frozen or tinned fruit and vegetables
• infant formula milk
• fresh, dried, and tinned pulses
You can also get free Healthy Start vitamins. You’ll get:
• £4.25 each week of your pregnancy (from the 10th week of your pregnancy)
• £8.50 each week for children from birth to 1 year old
• £4.25 each week for children between 1 and 4 years old
Your money will stop after your child’s 4th birthday, or if you no longer receive benefits.
Find out more
Take a look at the below leaflets to find out more about Healthy Start, including eligibility criteria and how to apply.
Full details about the Healthy Start Scheme can be found on the Healthy Start NHS website.